Saffron is a plant. The dried stigmas (thread-like parts of the flower) are used to make saffron spice. It can take 75,000 saffron blossoms to produce a single pound of saffron spice. Saffron is largely cultivated and harvested by hand. Due to the amount of labor involved in harvesting, saffron is considered one of the world’s most expensive spices. The stigmas are also used to make medicine.
Health Benefits of Saffron for Pregnant
* Saffron acts as a good muscle relaxant which helps in pregnancy.
* Saffron improves digestion and appetite by supplying the blood uniformly to all the parts of the body. This way, you can tackle constipation and nausea.
* It forms a coat on the gastrointestinal tract and soothes the stomach from acidity.
* It helps to control cough and loosen the phlegm. As most pregnant women have stuffy nose and are prone to infection, saffron can help control common cold symptoms.
* It acts as an antidepressant and controls emotional stress in pregnant women.
* Saffron also aids in controlling your mood swings, if consumed every day.
* During pregnancy, skin becomes dry and dull. Saffron can be used in face packs to give a supple glowing skin.
Also you can use this Saffron for Personal use, home use, for food etc.